Croner’s Coach and Bus Operations provides extensive coverage of all the legal requirements that PSV Operators must adhere to in order to fulfil their responsibilities under the relevant UK and EU passenger vehicle legislation and maintain their O-licence status and their business. This product is comprehensively reviewed 5 times a year to include all the new Government SIs as they become law. The amendments are posted to you.
Part 1 outlines aspects of passenger vehicle legislation, chapter by chapter. Key aspects include:
- An explanation of the responsibilities of the PSV operator as defined by relevant passenger vehicle legislation
- An outline of the role of the Traffic Commissioners in ensuring PSV operators’ responsibilities are carried out
- the rules on O-licensing for PSV vehicle operators under EU Regulation 1071/2009/EC
- Driving licence categories
- EU drivers’ hours and road transport working time Construction and use, tendering, roadworthiness testing, PSV fitness, grants (eligibility for the Bus Service Operators Grant (BSOG) scheme
- Professional competence Passenger rights.
Part 2 of the book provides practical guidance on taking a coach into Europe.
- Provides general information for operation coaches on the European mainland, including the differences between rules in Great Britain and Europe
- Provides specific, practical guidance on operating coaches in each country in Europe
Coach and Bus Operations subscription includes a briefing which is emailed to you 10 times a year, containing news and feature articles which highlight changes in changes in legislation.